- Contact & Bookings
Here’s the small print – by registering to participate you agree to these!
Terms and Conditions of the 2016 Cherbourg Ration Shed Reconciliation Fun Run held by the Cherbourg Historical Precinct Group Inc IA 34708 (“herein after referred to as “CHPG Inc, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
The following are the terms and conditions of entry of the 2015 Cherbourg Ration Shed Reconciliation Fun Run. These terms are not negotiable and by accepting an entry to the event via the Ration Shed Reconciliation Fun Run registration system and paying the entry fees you are thereby agreeing to, and acknowledging your acceptance of our terms and conditions. For competitors under 18, a parent or guardian must agree to and acknowledge our terms and conditions.
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with some of the conditions of registration then we recommend that you obtain advice to ensure you understand and accept the conditions of entry.
I agree to participate in this event on the following basis:
1. I acknowledge that competitive sporting events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various cases including over exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
2. I understand that I should not participate in this event unless I have trained appropriately and will be in a state to complete the event safely. I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing condition and uncertain of my state of fitness then a medical practitioner should verify my physical condition and will not compete if there are any concerns.
3. By participating, I accept all risks necessarily following from my participation that could result in injury, loss of life or permanent injury, including where such injury or loss of life results from any act, omission or negligence (including gross negligence) of myself, another competitor, sponsors, CPHG Inc, or a member of the public or spectator.
Accordingly, I release all persons, corporations and associations, associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and hereby indemnify all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event.
This release shall extend to all Cherbourg Historical Precinct Group Inc, Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council, South Burnett Regional Council, SES South Burnett, PCYC, Murgon Show Society, event sponsors, event marshals and their directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees, volunteers, members of the public and spectators including event medical and paramedical personnel and other participants. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
5. I accept the risk of participating despite these conditions. I have supplied an emergency contact name and number, this person is contactable both during and after the event and is not another participant.
6. I understand that compulsory insurance cover affected for participants in this event may not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7. Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
8. My registration is not transferable to other people. Any attempt to transfer my entry or allow another person to participate under my name without the event organisers’ knowledge may result in total cancellation without refund, insurance being deemed void and inability to enter further Ration Shed Reconciliation Fun Run events.
9. A 50% cancellation fee will apply to my registration up to 2nd May, 2016. If I am unable to compete after this time and date my registration fee is non-refundable.
10. Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
11. I agree that if the event is cancelled due to storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or other ‘Act of God’ conditions or safety concerns, or if I do not participate in the event for any reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
12. I agree to abide by all race directions issued by the event organiser and or the relevant sport’s governing body. The organiser’s decision on any matter (including winners and place getters) is final. Any breach of race rules and directions will result in disqualification.
13. The organiser reserves the right to reject or cancel any entry in the race at any time.
14. Bikes, roller skates, skateboards or dogs are not allowed.
15. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event and any other valuable items. CHPG Inc will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions.
16. I certify I will receive a race briefing at registration that I will abide by.
17. I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the images, my name and my performance for promotional broadcasting, reporting purposes and/or other purposes at any time by any form of media without my further consent being necessary.
The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
18. I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database which may be used by CPHG Inc to provide information on future events. I acknowledge that CPHG Inc may email me information on future events.
19. By entering this event, I consent to my personal information being provided to Athletics Australia Ltd and QLD Athletics for the purpose of registering me as a recreational running class of member of QLD Athletics and for administering the Running Australia program. I further consent to receiving information (including via email) about the Running Australia program including details of other events and special offers or promotions.
20. I certify that I am 18 years of age or older, or I am the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 18 and have read this document and understand and accept the terms and conditions it contains.